Vintage silk thread runner is a very stylish, long, beige runner with gold thread, woven into the linen fabric.
It is silk, gold thread woven in the length of the fabric in strips of 14 gold threads in a batch/line
It is also of hand crocheted, and hand tasseled ends, with Greek, cotton thread in the same cream, beige colour as the rest of the runner.
This is a gorgeous, Greek folk linen item, made in the early seventies in the area of Soufli.This is a Greek town, famous for its silk fabrics and decorative linen, scarves, etc, lying on the Greek-Turkish border, in the area of Evros.
In the seventies it was a must for all moms, catering for the future households of their kids and the dowries they were preparing, to always include some Soufli silks, runners, rotundas and other sorts of house linen.This here runner is such an item, coming straight out of our folk tradition, made with loving care and first quality silk and linen in the early seventies.
It measures 162c, or 1.62 meters in length and 37cm in width ( 63.77 x 14.56 '' ).It is very light and in very good condition, except one or two spots where the gold thread has been pulled out a little.It has seen very little use.
This kind of silk runner used to grace Greek dinner tables in the seventies and eighties and would always be crumbled in the middle or folded, its ends splaying out, in a long, fan shape.
Please, take care at cleaning and washing.Wash with cold water and a mild soap or mild,liquid detergent and do not tumble dry, if you can.If you have to tumble dry, do it at the lowest possible speed.Dry on a flat surface, on a towel.You can always use it unironed, since its best look is to look a bit ruffled and crumbled.Iron with warm, not hot iron, having covered the runner with an old, clean towel or sheet.
This listing is for the silk beige, vintage runner only.
Thank you for viewing this item.Please, read our policies carefully, before proceeding to buy.
We'd love to answer all your questions about our things.You can contact us at any time.
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
► Information I Collect:
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewelry, for example), if you contact me directly.
► Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It:
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
● as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
● when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
► Information Sharing and Disclosure:
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
● Service providers: I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as post services and delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
● Compliance with laws: I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
► Data Retention:
► Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU:
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services, in the US and other jurisdictions, such as Google Cloud, which is Privacy Shield certified.
► Your Rights:
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information:
● Access: You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
● Change, restrict, delete:You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
► How to Contact Me:
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org