This vintage, embroidered runner is quite small an oval runner of pink flowers.It's a magenta coloured flowers runner, a vintage Greek runner, a fine specimen of Greek, folk and traditional embroidery, made in the late fifties.
At the time women in Greece still spent most of their free time in the evenings embroidering their dowries and their daughters' dowries.They chose almost predominantly, Greek folk designs, but modern, European designs were also of the day.
Embroidering flowers is still a great favourite with crafters and hobbyists.
This here, vintage small runner features a Greek, folk art embroidery design of two clusters/ bouquets of magenta pink flowers.The flowers are bouquets of small daisies set across each other near the oval ends of the runner.The magenta daisies are embroidered in a simple stich with pale yellow centers.
The flowers beauty is accentuated with bright, large, emerald green leaves and small branches.
The large leaves have veins of lime green.This ovel runner has two simple, geometric patterns as extra accents in the middle, also across eaxh other near the runner rim.These small patterns are like squares and diamonds, embroidered in red and yellow.The runner edge has a lovely, white lace finish of a width of 1.3cm.
This vintage, embroidered runner is oval in shape, hand crocheted near the rim with white, cotton thread.The runner's fabric is linen.There is a slightly shabby knot of the lace on one of the sides, near the centre.
All of the runner is embroidered with cotton threads.A lot of these threads were handmade and dyed at home at the time.
Other threads were purchased from local shops or wandering salespeople in cars, carts, wagons, etc.This very cute, rustic runner was made for all surfaces at home, to decorate and protect hte furniture.It was done in a very rustic manner of embroidery, typical of folk art work.It's quite a small piece and could easily be placed inside a serving tray, too.
This lovely, magenta daisies, oval runner measures 37.5cm in length x 20cm in width ( 14.76'' x 7.87'').It has been freshly washed and ironed.It is still in very good, vintage condition.You will receive this vintage, emroidered runner folded, in a padded envelope, very carefully wrapped.
All you need to do is keep it away from direct sunlight and wash it with mild soap in the sensitive program.Better yet, wash it gently by hand.
Do not use pegs to dry on the line, so it will be ironed more easily and will not have deep creases from drying.
This listing is for the pink flowers, embroidered, oval runner only.
If you'd like to know more about this vintage, Greek embroidered runner, we'd love to answer all your questions.Please, read our policies carefully.Thank you for stopping by.
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
► Information I Collect:
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewelry, for example), if you contact me directly.
► Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It:
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
● as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
● when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
► Information Sharing and Disclosure:
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
● Service providers: I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as post services and delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
● Compliance with laws: I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
► Data Retention:
► Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU:
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services, in the US and other jurisdictions, such as Google Cloud, which is Privacy Shield certified.
► Your Rights:
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information:
● Access: You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
● Change, restrict, delete:You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
► How to Contact Me:
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com