Vintage table runner is a rectangle, embroidered runner, a blue flowers runner.It's a vintage Greek embroidery piece, a white linen runner, made in the mid fifties.A lovely, table runner of Greek folk art style.I have actually made it a runner, it is in thruth an embroidered rectangle piece of linen.It could have been a cutrain ot a cover of something.Its two narrow end hems are undone and the end with the less embroidery has a little cut, where the hem is turned over to be sewn.At that point the hem is turned the other way and sewn the other way.I have no idea what exact use this embroidered linen cloth had, but it looks great as rustic runner.You could use it in any way you see fit.
Its embroidery pattern is also unusual.On one side its got an elaborate pattern of blue and purple flowers in wreaths and garlands.On the other side just one line of flowers, same colours, done as a simple, wavy garland.The end with the most pattern has a three sided wavy garland of these, very cute blue and purple flowers with yellow centers, that look like aster.They also have small, pointy green leaves around them.Inside this, three sided garland there are three small wreaths/ circles of flowers.They are placed in a trinagle form and the two that are nearer the runner center are linked by another garland over them, creating a curvy 'V' shape.
A lot of the threads used in this vintage embroidery of that era, the fifties and sixties, were handmade and dyed at home at the time.This very cute, rustic runner was made for all surfaces at home, to decorate and protect.It was done in a rustic manner of embroidery, typical of folk art work.But of course it can be probably used elsewhere too, because of the way it was cut and remained unfinished and the shorter ends.
The hem on the long sides is turned over and stiched on a sewing machine.
This vintage, white linen runner with ater flowers measures 114cm in length x 49cm in width ( 44.88'' x 19.29'').It is in very good vintage condition, with only two, almost invisible,minute stains.At least these were they only ones I spotted.It's been freshly washed and ironed.
You will receive this vintage, emroidered runner folded, in a padded envelope, very carefully wrapped.
All you need to do is keep it away from direct sunlight and wash it in hand, or with mild soap in the sensitive program.Do not use pegs to dry on the line, so it will be ironed more easily and will not have deep creases from drying.
This listing is for the blue flowers, embroidered, rectangle, runner only.
If you'd like to know more about this vintage, Greek embroidered, white linen runner, we'd love to answer all your questions.Please, read our policies carefully.Thank you for stopping by.
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
► Information I Collect:
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewelry, for example), if you contact me directly.
► Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It:
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
● as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
● when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
► Information Sharing and Disclosure:
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
● Service providers: I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as post services and delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
● Compliance with laws: I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
► Data Retention:
► Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU:
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services, in the US and other jurisdictions, such as Google Cloud, which is Privacy Shield certified.
► Your Rights:
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information:
● Access: You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
● Change, restrict, delete:You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
► How to Contact Me:
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org