Sailboat wall hanging is a ceramic tile of a colourful sailboat in the blue sea.It's a vintage sailboat wall decor piece, a rustic boho, nautical decor wall tile, made in the late eighties in Thessaloniki, Greece.It is made in the relief style of sculpture, where on an existing back panel there are two dimesional sculptures as if coming out of the back material.
Here in this sailboat wall tile there is an almost square back or background, made of an earthenware clay slab.There are clay cutouts, also from a slab, glued on the back slab with wet clay/mud.
These smaller pieces of clay are the sailboat pieces, its vessel, sails, mast and banner.There is also a round piece, like a coin on the upper, right corner for a sun.It is painted a warm, dull yellow, like egg yolk, both for the sun and its rays.The tile is white, glazed with a clear/transparent glaze.
The waves are a dark, greenish turquoise.The vessel of the boat is a dark, matte pink, the sails are coloured lime green, coral red and ochre yellow.The banner is a oale blue grey.These sailboat parts, waves and sun were painted with oxides mixed with clay.In this way colouring a ceramic piece gives a matte, milky surface with lovely depth and body.
The wall tiles corners were made by hand.The tile does not have the same width all over, but almost the same.
There are two holes on top from which there is a piece of black leather cord tied, so you can hang the sailboat tile on the wall.The leather is a bit aged and stiff.
There is also a crack in the clay, an opening, a tiny slit in the middle of the clay, caused in firing the tile a second time.The clay just burst in the middle at that past of the boat, near the top parts of the sails.Other than that, the vintage, ceramic sailboat wall tile is in perfect condition.This slit in the middle did not occur with time, it was there from the beginning, from when the tile was fired in the ceramic kiln.
This sailboat wall hanging measures 20cm in height x 19cm in length x 1.5cm in width (7.87'' x 7.48'' x 0.59'').It weighs about 700 grams.
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
► Information I Collect:
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewelry, for example), if you contact me directly.
► Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It:
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
● as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
● when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
► Information Sharing and Disclosure:
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
● Service providers: I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as post services and delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
● Compliance with laws: I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
► Data Retention:
► Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU:
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services, in the US and other jurisdictions, such as Google Cloud, which is Privacy Shield certified.
► Your Rights:
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information:
● Access: You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
● Change, restrict, delete:You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
► How to Contact Me:
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com